We offer two options to complete the check in process, at the airport or online.
The check in agent will be happy to help you in-person at the airport to print your boarding pass, provide baggage tags, and weigh baggage for departure. Our check in timeline is noted below for your convenience.
We’re here to help you. If you need assistance at the airport, please speak with us at any of our airport counters.
When to check in with an airport counter agent
- Your reservation is for more than nine passengers
- One of your passengers is an infant
- You are an unaccompanied minor
- You require medical assistance, the use of a wheelchair, or your reservation contains a special request
- You are travelling with a pet
- You attempted online check in and it was not successful for any reason
Check in within 24 hours of your departure on our website.
Print your boarding pass at home or download it to your mobile device.
Once you arrive at the airport, if you are travelling with carry on/out only, you can skip the lines and head directly through security to the boarding gate. Carry on baggage must comply with the following policy.
A maximum of 2 pieces are permitted and form part of the free baggage allowance weight. Carry-on must not exceed 40cm x 33cm x 20cm (16”x13”x 8”) in dimension with a maximum combined weight of 13 lbs (6 kg). Carry-on baggage must be able to fit in the sizer that is located at the check-in counter. Carry-out items form part of the free checked baggage allowance.
If you are travelling with checked baggage, please report to the airport counter before the Baggage Acceptance Deadline to have your bag weighed and tagged.
To check in, you will require the reservation number and traveller last name.
|Recommended Check In||Online Check In Closes||Baggage Acceptance & Airport Check In Closes||Boarding Starts||Boarding Gate Closes|
Once checked in, it is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure adequate time to clear security and present themselves at the departure gate. Acceptance of a passenger through airport or online check-in does not guarantee the aircraft will be held beyond scheduled departure.
Failure to meet check-in deadlines will result in the reservation cancellation, ineligibility for denied boarding compensation, and forfeiture of fare paid or additional fees, depending on the fare purchased.
ID Requirements at Check-in/Gate
All passengers age 18 years and older must present valid ID at check-in and at the gate. The name in the passenger reservation must match the ID presented.
Please be prepared to show one of the following (expired ID is not accepted):
- one piece of photo identification issued by a Canadian federal, provincial, or territorial government with your full name and date of birth or
- two pieces of identification issued by a Canadian federal, provincial, or territorial government. Both must have your name and at least one must have your full name and date of birth.
Here are some examples of acceptable Canadian government-issued identification documents:
- citizenship card
- Canadian permanent resident card
- Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence
- Canadian provincial or territorial health card
- Canadian provincial or territorial government identification cards
- birth certificate
- Record of Landing Form/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292)
- immigration documents issued to foreign nationals (e.g., Work Permit, Study Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit, Refugee Approved Status)
- Canadian military identification
- federal police identification
- federal or provincial government employee identification cards
- Old Age Security (OAS) identification card
- Certificate of Indian Status (Status Card) issued by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- NEXUS card
- firearms licence
You can no longer use hunting, boating and fishing licenses as identification for domestic flights.
* Applies to Thunder Bay when destination is a CATSA airport.
Please be prepared to show one piece of accepted ID with the following conditions:
- The ID card or document cannot be expired
- The ID card or document must be in its original form and cannot be altered in any way, photocopies are not accepted
- The ID card or document must have the name printed and must be legible
- The name listed in the passenger reservation must match exactly to the name printed on the ID presented
Here are some examples of accepted ID documents:
- Any Government issued photo or non-photo ID
- Loyalty Card
- Gym Membership Card
- Medical Warrant
- Bank Card
- Credit Card
- Student ID Card
- Library Card
- Proof of Vaccination Card
- Indigenous Services Canada Transportation Voucher
- Temporary Confirmation of Registration of Indigenous Status from Indigenous Services Canada
Please be aware if you are connecting through or returning from a CATSA location, you must have the proper ID documentation for that station to board. Please refer to CATSA locations requirements above.
* Applies to Thunder Bay when destination is a non CATSA airport.